The Year of the Tiger

Here's Jon Warden of the '68 Tigers getting ready to autograph a copy of "The Year of the Tiger '68." Does anyone else have a copy? I still have mine, and one of these days I plan to have it transferred to digital since I no longer own a working turntable.


The rear cover says, "NBD presents The Official 1968 Detroit Tiger Album Limited Edition. The Detroit Tigers Win The American League Pennant/Ernie Harwell & Ray Lane. Produced by Fleetwood Recording Co., Inc. Revere, Mass. "

Go get 'em, Tigers!

5 comments:

  1. Sure, I still have mine (if my wife didn't throw it out.) The grooves are probably flat after being through several Texas summers under Lord knows how hut this house can get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have mine, it is framed hanging in my office. As a bonus it is signed by Ernie Harwell and Al Kaline. I don't remember when I got those signatures. I am sure I will porbably never play it again, but it is nice to look at and remember.

    Will there be a reason for a new one this year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know, Chuck. Hope springs eternal, especially in spring training.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've still got mine! I was only six in 1968, so I think it first belonged to one of my older brothers. But I claimed it as my own and have listened to it many times over the last 40 years. My favorite Ernie Harwell call of all time is on that record ... Tommy Matchick's game-winning, two-run home run in the bottom of the ninth off Moe Drabowsky to beat the Orioles 5-4 on July 1.

    "... back goes Robinson and it is a HOME RUN! The Tigers win it!" Ernie really hits a high note on that call. Still gives me goosebumps every time I hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still have mine along with my Sock It To Em Tigers bumpersticker with the Dodge Girl. But now you can have the CD. Just not the same.

    ReplyDelete