A Baseball Quiz, that actually touches on the Tigers!

For years, he was known in beantown as "Billy F'n Buckner."

It looked like the Bosox would break the curse of the Bambino in 1986 when late in the game Bucker booted a ground ball at third to open the gates to hell, in the eyes of Redsox fandom.

Here's a a little quiz. Enter your answer as a comment below. No fair cheating, and looking up the answers on-line, and try not to look at the other guys answers. (Hard to do, I know, but I can't think of how else to do this.)

A. What team went on to win the 1986 World Series?
B. Who hit the ball that Billy bobbled?
C. What well-known personality purchased that ball at auction a number of years later for a reported $93K?
D. What other historic moment in baseball did Billy play a part in, early in his career? HINT: you've seen the replay thousands of times, but never realized it was him.
E. Some 20 years after the historic moment in D, Bucker played a role in a Tiger opener. What was that?

If you get all five of these, you have won a week at Casa de Shields in suburban Dallas, including a personal tour guide of Dallas. (Travel and entry to the tourist sites at your own expense.)

Billy Bucker, one sad sox.

5 comments:

  1. A. Mets
    B. Mookie Wilson
    C. Charlie Sheen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know these, I really do -- EVEN THAT LAST ONE! I'm afraid I'll give the answers away, though, so I'm going to leave this same message a couple of times so the answers aren't visible when you leave your own ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know these, I really do -- EVEN THAT LAST ONE! I'm afraid I'll give the answers away, though, so I'm going to leave this same message a couple of times so the answers aren't visible when you leave your own ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A) Mets
    B) Mookie Wilson
    C) Charlie Sheen
    D) Buckner tried to climb the wall in LF on Aaron's 715th HR
    E) Billy B threw out the first pitch at the Red Sox' home opener last year (vs. the Tigers)

    ReplyDelete