Hope Springs Eternal




Although the Tigers officially start spring training Saturday (pitchers and catchers), several players have already made their way to Lakeland and have started working out at Tiger Town.
Number 84 above is Kevin Bradshaw, former Tiger minor league hurler, former manager of the Lakeland Flying tigers, and currently a roving minor league instructor. I had the pleasure of getting to know him a few years ago when I coached his daughter in a church basketball league.
Also at Tiger Town: the Chinese National Team!


2 comments:

  1. Tom, I so envy you this time of year! Got a couple hours of free time? Head over to Tigertown! I know how lucky you are because I've done the same thing during past vacations in Florida. When you love baseball, it doesn't even matter who is playing. It's all about being at Marchant Stadium or wandering back to the minor league fields. Man, it's a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, Jeff. I visited Tiger Town yesterday on my lunch hour, and I'll return Saturday (if not sooner) for the first official workout. Looking forward to seeing Bill Bouie down here in late March.

    ReplyDelete