Who said that?


As the Tigers begin spring training games today, see if you can name the people quoted below:


1. “Let’s play two.”

2. “Baseball must be a great game to survive the fools who run it.”

3. “Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball, the rules and realities of the game and do it by watching first some high-school or small-town teams.”

4. “Half of this game is ninety percent mental.”

5. “Tony Perez is going to the Hall of Fame. I’m going to the Elliott Lounge.”

6. "He (Darryl Strawberry) is not a dog; a dog is loyal and runs after balls."

7. "I'm not bad. I'm no Joe Morgan, but I'm pretty good for a white guy."

8. “I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game. It will take our people out-of-doors, fill them with oxygen, give them a larger physical stoicism. Tend to relieve us from being a nervous, dyspeptic set. Repair these losses, and be a blessing to us.”

9. “Ninety percent of the money I made in baseball I spent on women and Irish whiskey. The rest I wasted.”

4 comments:

  1. I cheated, I've been reading your Facebook page, but I love them all, every one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. “Let’s play two.” ERNIE BANKS
    2. “Baseball must be a great game to survive the fools who run it.” BILL VEECK
    3. “Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball, the rules and realities of the game and do it by watching first some high-school or small-town teams” JACQUES BARZUN
    4. “Half of this game is ninety percent mental” DANNY OZARK
    5. “Perez is going to the Hall of Fame. I’m going to the Elliott Lounge.” BILL "SPACEMAN" LEE
    6. "He (Darryl Strawberry) is not a dog; a dog is loyal and runs after balls." TOMMY LASORDA
    7. "I'm not bad. I'm no Joe Morgan, but I'm pretty good for a white guy." PETE ROSE
    8. “I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game. It will take our people out-of-doors, fill them with oxygen, give them a larger physical stoicism. Tend to relieve us from being a nervous, dyspeptic set. Repair these losses, and be a blessing to us.” WALT WHITMAN
    9. “Ninety percent of the money I made in baseball I spent on women and Irish whiskey. The rest I wasted.” TUG MCGRAW

    ReplyDelete