City of Detroit needs Tigers more than ever!


The smell of spring is in the air and that means opening day is almost here, and I can't wait. In case you haven't noticed things in the Motor City have been a little rough. The Auto industry is in shambles, and people are losing there jobs and homes. There has been a negative vibe in the whole Metro Detroit area as of late. That negative vibe has carried over to the perception of your Detroit Tigers. After last seasons debacle it is hard for me to argue with this mentality. I am an optimist though and I have defended all of the off season moves. I think I may be one of the few people that believes this team can win the division, but four days away from the start of the season I am going to stick by that predicition.

A pennant race won't save peoples jobs or make mortgage payments, but for three hours a night maybe it can help them forget the wolrd around them. A great season could help unite a divided city. People are really down on the Tigers going into the season. The Tigers shouled rally around the underdog role and suprise people like they did 2006. Lord knows the city could use some unexpected joy.


3 comments:

  1. "Let them eat cake."

    Unfortunately, the queen ain't buying your cake. Your tickets are sold to you.

    I hope you're right (that the Tigers have a good season) but I know you're right that they can't help the local economy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait till Good Friday to celebrate Opening Day. I figure I will have to memoralized the Holiest Day between three different hours.
    I am excited for this season as well. I plan on having lots of fun at the ball park. The Tigers need to rise to the occasion or Dombrowski and Leyland will be looking for work before the summer is over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's a great prediction, Chuck, and I hope you are right on all counts: The Tigers will have a good season (my biggest hope) or the bosses will be in the unemployment line with me by Labor Day.
    (p.s.-Chuck, why don't you create an "Avatar?" That's a little picture of yourself or a character, like Hagerty's bobbing head doll, my mug, etc. Miggy, U2!
    .

    ReplyDelete