Philadephia vs. Tampa Bay

Well guys who do you think is going to win the World Series? Last night's game was thrilling. Joe Madden's bullpen by committee reminded me of the way bullpens used to be used. I always love the underdogs - it would be great to see Tampa Bay go from the worst to World Champs (hmm is there hope for the Tigers next year?). Realistically, I think I have to go with the Phillies. Utley, Howard, Rollins. I am thirlled for Chad Durbin - always like to see an ex-Tiger land on his feet. I hope Jamie MOyer pitches well. I looked at Stub HUb and they have seats available for $575 each - I couldn't pay that much for the Tigers. I did see a game in Philly this summer, as the Phillies are my youngest son (matt) favorite team. I enjoyed the stadium. Greg Luzinski has a stand where he signs autographs -- not real personable though. So her's to the Phillies. What does everyone else thinnk?

3 comments:

  1. Following Greg's excellent instructions I'm making a post to "get in the ballgame!"
    I'm Chuck Pio's brother in law, a Tigers and Cincy Reds fan. Attended the University of Detroit undergrad (1964-68) and law school (68-71) I look forward to participating in this blog.

    Jim Bernhold

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, Jim! Nice to have another Buckeye in the house. (I went to Ohio State and lived in Columbus for six years.)

    Who will win the World Series? I'll cast my vote for the Rays because they have the home field advantage and the momentum coming off of Sunday's thrilling defeat of the evil Red Sox at the Trop. (Why are the Sox palling around with terrorists like Kevin Youkilis?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you, Chuck, heart says Rays, brain says Phils. Hard to believe Tom Bill and I saw the Tigers and Phils in spring training. We were convinced one, if not two of those teams would be in the series. Guess we were half right, not the half we wanted.

    ReplyDelete