A New Year's Resolution for "At the Corner"

It's been fun chatting with ya'll about baseball and the Tigers in '08, but I think there are some things we can do to spread the fun.

Frankly, it's less than exciting to see that only four or five of us are reading or participating. (Kind of puts a crimp in our style when Chuck goes to Vegas or Bill goes home to Detroit.)

My wife says I need to find a job, and my brother says I need to get a life. (Wow, and these people are on my side!)

So let's make a resolution to get more people involved this year. I think there's a few simple things we can do to increase participation, but I always welcome your thoughts.

1. Keep the content fresh and interesting. (Chuck, you can't force your brother in-law to post. You can only entice him - but keep your clothes on, buddy.) When you see stuff about the Tigers that you find interesting, no matter how small or obscure, post it. We'd probably all like to see it. Your opinions are welcome.

1.a. Tom, keep the photos coming as spring training ensues. I love your work, and you are a totally unique and talented source.

1.b. Artwork and photos make the site sing. Everybody dig out your "Baseball Box" (c'mon, you know we all got 'em) and show us some of your treasures. Tom has been especially helpful here, and Chuck gave us a really cool look at his treasured Al Kaline collection. Keep it up guys.

2. Invite friends you think might be interested to join us. Jeff, you mentioned you had a friend who might want in. What was his reaction? Tell them that anyone can comment, and if they ask me, I'll likely make them an authorized "poster." (Big Wow, there.)

3. I saw an article in Wired (like reading the Bible, I don't understand everything I read in there, but I feel better for doing it) "Linkbait Your Blog to Popularity."(pg. 36, Jan. 2009). I don't agree with some of the tactics, which are close to deceptive, but they suggest linking and contributing to bigger bloggers. I haven't looked for Tiger blogs, or even baseball blogs, have you? What's out there? I'll see what I can find.

4. We started this as a blog for Sacred Heart Alumni, and realizing the limits of that proposition, quickly opened the door to anybody who behaved (Chuck, what happend to Fedor?) This was wise, given our valuable addition of Jeff. Let's go back to the beginning though: do you guys have old SHS buddy's e-mails? Send them to me. I will contact them at the beginning of spring training just when hope starts to blossom for the new season, (along with folks who started with us, but fell off the wagon as our Tigers died their painful death last year.)

Happy New Year to all!


No comments:

Post a Comment