More playing time for Andy Dirks

A guy I think could have a big year for the Tigers is Andy Dirks. He has spent his offsesason tearing it up down in the Caribbean league. He is the story about that http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ti-brown_andy_dirks_caribbean_series_el_gringo_020712 he is a bit of a iconic figure right now in the Dominican Republic. I liked the way he played last year. He is a better outfielder than both Delmon young and Brennan Boesh. Both of those guys have a little more power than Dirks so it would make sense to play Dirks in the outfield and have Young or Boesh as the DH. He is kind of a high energy guy and he provides a bit of a spark when he plays. I am kind of scared to post that I like Andy Dirks because every time I like a young Tigers player my father in law buys me an autograph baseball of that player and they either get traded or hurt. This list of players includes Matt Joyse (traded), Clete Thomas( hurt and may never be the same again), and Ryan Perry (traded). My in laws also gave me an Andrew Miller jersey. I wish they would give me a Brandon Inge signed baseball.

1 comment: