Brandon Inge to 2nd?

Well Jim Leyland's first "big announcement" of the spring was to let the media know that Inge approached the skipper and asked for the opportunity to start at 2nd. I happen to be a huge Inge fan (- my son-in-law happens to be a huge Inge hater. So anything positive I say about Inge he will negate.) In addition to his longevity, do the Tigers have a more loyal player? No catcher? we got Inge! help in the outfield? - we got Inge! help aty 3rd? we got Inge! Struggling at the plate -- wanna go to Toledo? we got Inge! Help at 2nd? we got Inge! Granted he is older and has never turned the double play and his bat was not too effective last year - but he definately deserves a shot. Thank goodness for the open-mindedness of Leyland. Can't wait for spring training to begin.

3 comments:

  1. Great guy, great attitude, but he may be facing an unfortunate fact: at some time, an athlete's career must come to an end. Wouldn't he make a great bench coach?

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed. i love the attitude - no hint of arrogance

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me strat this response off by saying that I have no problem with Brandon Indge as a person. I think he is great in the community and he has gotten the most out of his talent. Having said that I believe he has been over valued by the Detroit Tigers. I think he is an above average to average third baseman and he is only a career .230 hitter. He has no power left. I feel like the Tigers would be better off letting Ramon Santiago who is a good fieleder and Ryan Raburn who tears it up after June 1st platoon second base. I believe Inge would not be on the Tigers if it weren't for the fact that he is owed six million dollars this season. I think the Tigers would be better off giving his roster spot to someone that was younger and we could develop. I like Don Kelly as the back up third baseman.

    ReplyDelete