Are You ready for this?

I'm abandoning my formerly pessimistic ways.


The Tigers are going to take the Central Division with 89 wins, but that will only get them a tie with the Twins. That's right, it's 2009 all over again.

I was the guy who voted for the Twinkies in the poll. But I've thought long and hard.
-Every team will have some good luck and some bad. The Bengals didn't have much luck at all last year.
-Cabrera will be an even more ominous threat with Martinez in the lineup.
-Pitching should hold up with Verlander, Porcello, Penny, Perry and Scherzer.
-Maybe more important, I think Valverde and Zumaya will be back blowing smoke.
-I'm worried about this kid Jackson. But I guess everybody is.

It's gonna be a fun summer. Chuck, you gotta get back to the ball park and root our boys on.

2 comments:

  1. Why worry about Jackson? He's only starting his second season. He'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so.
    The anals of baseball echo with great Rookies of the Year or "almost" ROTY who never really amounted to much. Down here in Texas, they're still scratching their head, saying "wonder shy couldn't David Clyde come back?"
    There ought to be an award for "Greatest Sophomore of the Year" or the guy who puts together two really solid introductory seasons in the bigs.
    Worry? Alright, let me restate that, I too love the guy, and I hope he's fantastically successful for a long time to come. But....

    ReplyDelete