Tigers raise ticket prices

Hard to believe that the Tigers have raised their ticket prices. I realize that of the four major sports it is still the most affordable ticket, but it still stinks. The Tigers just finished last place in their division - not much of a reason to raise their prices. One of the writers in the Free Press talked about the size of their payroll and called this the "Dontrelle tax". Between Willis, Robertson, and Sheffield they are paying lots of money to a few players. The other part of this mystery is the state of Michigan"s economy. Given the above statements - I still think the Tigers will sell lots of tickets. Of course, in the off season everybody is optimistic. They are even going to have premium pricing this year - higher prices vs. Red Sox, Yankees, and Cubs -- also for Friday and Saturday games in warmer months. I guess if you own the team you set the prices. Look at the Lions - as miserable as they are they still sell out, at least until the last two home games. It is snowing in Ann Arbor during the MIchigan game.

4 comments:

  1. So, Mr. Season Ticket Holder, will you buy another season-long Tiger ducat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely. I love the games as do my wife and kids. It is part of entertainment in our budget. The only game I do not like is Opening Day - too many drunks and non-baseball enthusiasts. I guess I got old because I loved Opening Day in school. We are one person short in our group so I hope we find a new taker. Time will tell. In my quest to see other parks, we pan to see the Twins, Brewers, and White Sox as long as they are all home in the same time span.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chuck,
    (and all the others) When you are ready to see the Tigers in Texas, we'll put you up here free!

    Plus, there's a charming little minor League park in Frisco, just a few miles from my house. I don't think the Tigers have a Texas League affiliate, but what a weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not to mention, the Rangers' ballpark is about as close as anyone will ever come to seeing the rightfield porch in Tiger Stadium again.

    ReplyDelete