I can almost smell the hot dogs and freshly cut grass....

That's right baseball fans, spring training is just a few months away. So why don't we day dream just a bit about doing it up right in '09?

Our pal Bill has been doing this pilgrimage for years, and Tom lives nearby. I went for the first time in decades last year, and had a blast.


If I recall correctly, the schedule isn't released until mid January, but the Tigers seem to play someplace in central Florida just about every day. so it's just as much fun to do a "road trip." For example, last year I went to Bradenton, and caught a Tiger game with the Pirates with my brother, who winters in the area.


With Disney and Orlando nearby, there's plenty to entertain your wife, kids and grandkids. So, what do you think guys, ready to get together? (If we get enough guys, maybe we could bring our gloves and a ball, find a vacant field and hit it around a bit after the game. Wouldn't that be a blast?)

So let the discussion begin! (Oh yeah, a say a prayer that I might get a job soon, or I might need a divorce lawyer to negotiate my trip instead of a travel agent.)



Shields, Bouie, and Haggerty pictured at Joker Marchant Stadium during a Tiger loss to some crummy team named the Phillies, March 27, 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment