Thanks for the invitation

Hello, everyone! Thanks to Gregg (and Tom) for the invitation to become a contributor to At The Corner. I am a marketing writer for Hagerty Collector Car Insurance -- joined the company in April after writing sports for the Traverse City (Mich.) Record-Eagle for more than 25 years. I have been a member of the Baseball Writers Association of America for 15 years and still hold honorary membership, as well as a Hall of Fame vote. I've covered the All-Star Game, World Series and have attended 22 consecutive Tigers home openers, but it's been a breath of fresh air not having to work the late nights and long hours of a sports writer. I stumbled across your blog shortly after starting at Hagerty (Google alerts me every time Tom Hagerty contributes to the site), so I've been reading from afar for months and I've really enjoyed it. Thanks again for asking me to contribute. Like all of you, I love talkin' baseball.

3 comments:

  1. My name, by the way, is Jeff Peek. Sorry -- new to the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Jeff. I'd invite you to fill out your profile (so maybe we can see your face) and learn a bit more about you.
    This is the first time in the blogosphere for most of us, so you're among friends here.

    Gregg

    BTW - Tom is an incredible photographer, isn't he? If your pals left at the paper need Lakeland covered, and if Tom doesn't mind blowing his cover as "just a fan," maybe they would be interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff,

    Welcome and we are all jealous that you are braggin about all of that stuff that you have done. Come on down to Lakeland with us next spring so that we can get your perspective.

    We look forward to your contributions.

    ReplyDelete