Let's Plan for Spring!

And one of the things we can do is some spring cleaning.

You guys, primarily Tom, Bill and Pio, have made this fun, even when the Tigers were at there worst. Let's set about getting more people involved next year. If you want to invite them, go right ahead. Bill, you are one of the best networkers I know: spread the news.

Second, I think this is the most fun when we have new stuff to talk about (unfortunately we can't rely on the Tigers for good news.)

So what if we plan a group outing to spring training? Shall we just pick a date and shoot for it?

Now here's an out-of the box idea: what if we could get enough people to actually play a game of softball? Wouldn't that be fun!!??

What else can we do to stir up interest?

4 comments:

  1. Great ideas, Gregg. I have not yet seen a 2009 spring training schedule, but as soon as it's released (probably around December), let's pick a game and put it on our calendars.

    Softball sounds fun too if we could get enough players. I could dust off my Rawlings Cesar Cedeno model softball glove that I bought in 1976 for the then top-of-the-line price of $50.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You, Tom, will be the official photographer of the event. Seriously, I doubt it we would get enough to have infield, but it would sure be fun.
    I think last year the schedule came out much later than I anticipated, something like mid-January. I know I bought airline tickets after consulting with Bouie, long before the schedule was posted. Now I just need to get employed fast so I can build up a week of vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds interesting to me, but I doubt that my boss will give me the time off. Besides my wife and youngest son would be foreer ticked.

    As for playing - I haven't played in 30+ years. Easy to criticze the Tigers, but they could have the opportunity to criticize us -- our pay is much less. I could pitch and make Dontrelle look good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pio,
    I haven't played much in recent years either. The guys on my K of C team asked me to retire when they saw I throw like a girl, and time me from first to third with a calendar and a heart monitor. We'll provide the laughs. Wait - you're self-employed man!!Take charge, delegate the King to your son, bring the wife and she can be our official "baseball groupie."

    ReplyDelete