Holy Cow!


So my wife and I go to the theater last night, and who's sitting just a few rows in front of us?

Texas Rangers' president and Hall of Famer Nolan Ryan! I start warming up my line on my wife.

"I'm gonna introduce myself, congratulate him on a great career, and tell him what a great job he's done with the Rangers."

"You'll do no such thing. The poor man came here to enjoy a night out with his wife. Sit right there and leave him alone!"
Sure. I behaved. but the next time I see him, I'm telling him about my wife...
(and yes, as much as I miss the Tigers, I love living in Texas.)
OBTW, who holds the MLB record for best season strikeout ratio?
You got it! "My pal" Nolan Ryan. 11.48 K's per 9 innings in 1987, when he was 40 years old, and the second best was (surprise!) Nolan Ryan, 11.33 in 1989.

No comments:

Post a Comment