The Giants Win The Pennant!!!!!


The Giants won the No Bats World Championship defeating the Dodgers 8-4. I had another good day going 4 for 7 on the day, with a ball off the wall, I missed by 2 feet, of taking Gregg Olson yard. He did piss me off in the first game, by throwing me a cutter on the hands and breaking my favorite bat. The memorial bat will now become a hat rack and a beer spicket.


It was a special night at the No Bats Banquet last evening as we handed over a check for $52,000 to the Tony Gwynn Foundation, and I was humbled by being named the MVP and inducted into the No Bats Hall of Fame. What an honor!!!!


Oh well, 2008 is over and it is time to get ready for next year. We had a ball and I can't wait to get started. Headed home from San Diego.


Go Lions!!!! They have no chance.

2 comments:

  1. Bill, congrats to you and your team! 'Tis an honor to know you.

    Maybe one year you can play here in Lakeland at Joker Marchant Stadium.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Tom said. Now that's just too much darned fun!

    ReplyDelete